In order to stay ahead of your competitions, you need to make sure that you are analyzing and implementing some of your competitor's strategies that brought them success. Until you start a process of monitoring your competitor websites and their organic and paid campaigns regularly, you are bound to miss a lot of actionable data insights and potential opportunities.
There are hundreds of competitor analysis tools available on the internet, and at times that makes things harder for you. To sort out this, we at PromozSEO, have researched and listed 11 best competitor analysis and monitoring tools those you can dig deeper to achieve better marketing results.
Similarweb is a comprehensive tool for both content and competition analysis. This tool helps you to find out your competitor’s content and where their traffic comes from. SimilarWeb provides engaging and insightful data on various website metrics including traffic sources, organic versus paid search, social traffic, related sites and more.
- Organic versus PPC keyword performance comparison
- Competitor website traffic analysis
- Shows various metrics like bounce rate, time spent on site, popular pages etc.
- Reveals competitor display ads and networks
- In-depth competitor keyword analysis
- Website traffic comparison for as many as five sites
- See traffic sources from mobile and desktop devices
- Shows any website’s referral traffic
- Email and social media traffic reports
- Essentials pack - 499$ per month
- Premium plan - Contact Similarweb sales team
SpyFu is a cloud-based competitor analysis tool that is focused on search marketing. It provides a number of search marketing strategies to online marketers to succeed in their digital marketing campaigns.
SpyFu provides valuable information on the most profitable keywords for both paid and organic search that are utilized by your competitors.
- Using SpyFu you can check your competitors’ AdWords campaign strategy
- You can identify all the keywords that your competitors have bid on, and every ad campaign they have run to rank their website.
- It also reveals the keywords that your competitors are ranking for organically. Further, you can dig deeper and use those data to improve the ranking of your own website.
- This tool shows you the most relevant keywords in your industry as well as the most profitable and niche based keywords your competitors are using.
- AdWords advisor report provides actionable details for specific changes to improve your ROI of the paid campaigns.
- Monthly plans: Basic - 39$ per month, Professional - 39$ per 1st month, Team - 299$ per month
- Yearly plans: Basic - 33$ per month, Professional - 58$ per month, Team - 199$ per month
Alexa is another popular tool that helps you analyze the traffic of your competitors’ websites. You only need to enter the URL of your competitor and Alexa will show their global traffic rank, a number of backlinks, search analytics, audience insights, and several other vital data.
- By using Alexa, you can easily identify the keywords that generate the highest traffic for any particular URL.
- With its competitor keyword matrix tool, you can reach more visitors by knowing the sites they visit and understand what content they search for. Create similar types of SEO optimized contents to drive traffic to your website.
- Search for popular sites your audience frequently visits and try to take opportunities like influencer outreach, guest blogging, sponsored postings, backlink acquiring, and running ads to beat your competition.
- 7 - Day free trial
- Premium plan - 149$ per month
iSpionage is another popular competitor analysis tool that provides valuable SEO data to you with regards to your competitors. This tool spies on your competitor websites and discovers search keywords, contents, and landing pages that help them attract customers to their sites.
- Competitor website monitoring
- Top keyword search
- Monthly ad traffic estimates
- Top competitors identification
- Keyword alerts
- PPC keyword lists
- SEO keyword lists
- Competitors’ PPC budget
- Ads grouping
- Landing page gallery access
- Monthly plans: Starter - 59$ per month, Professional - 99$ per month, Advanced - 299$ per month, Enterprise - contact iSpionage sales
- 6 Months plans: Starter - 49$ per month, Professional - 74$ per month, Advanced - 149$ per month, Enterprise - contact iSpionage sales
Link Explorer is one of the most popular competitor analysis tool developed by Moz that helps you track the backlinks of your competitor websites.
It shows helpful statistics such as overall link counts, number of domains that link to a URL along with its backlinks’ anchor text distribution and many more.
- You can easily check out the inbound links your competitors have acquired. Compare their link profile with your backlinks, and plan and boost your website’s link building strategy.
- It provides Page and Domain Authority data, Spam Score (domain’s toxicity), anchor text, linking domains etc. It also lets you compare links of 5 websites.
- Not only you can follow your competitor's backlinks, but you can use its comprehensive data to improve your overall link acquiring process.
30 - Day free trial
- Monthly plans: Standard - 99$ per month, Medium - 179$ per month, Large - 249$ per month, Premium - 999$ per month
- Yearly plans: Standard - 79$ per month, Medium - 143$ per month, Large - 199$ per month, Premium - 799$ per month
Majestic is an essential competitor analysis tool for SEO agencies, marketing firms, and media analysts who need updated data constantly to analyze the performance of their websites as well as of their competitors.
- Bulk Backlink Checker - With bulk backlink checker you can check any website’s backlink statistics and it allows you to enter up to 400 URLs. It shows various metrics like Trust Flow, Citation Flow, backlink count, and referring domains.
- Compare Tool - Compare tool allows you to compare up to 10 domains at once. It gives you a graphical view to compare sites effortlessly.
- Link Profile Flight - This tool compares and shows a graph that plots Citation Flow versus Trust Flow. It gives you an individual graph for each URL that helps you to outrank your competitors.
- Campaigns - Campaigns is the new feature added by Majestic and it offers more detailed reports on metrics like Trust Flow, Citation Flow, backlink count, and referring domains.
- Clique Hunter - Clique Hunter provides you a great way to find new backlink opportunities. It compares different domains and shows you a detailed report of prospective backlink status.
- Monthly plans: Lite – 49.99$ per month, Pro - 99.99$ per month, API - 249.99$ per month
- Yearly plans: Lite – 41.67$ per month, Pro – 83.33$ per month, API – 333.33$ per month
SE Ranking helps you to monitor competitors search rankings on various search engines.
SE Ranking gets you detailed reports of competitor websites along with their average ranking positions, traffic, and website visibility.
- Keyword suggestion tool
- Keyword rank tracking
- Backlinks monitoring
- Competitor research
- Page-update monitoring
- Keyword grouping
- SEO reporting tools
- Personal plan - 7$ per month, Optimum plan - 39$ per month, Personal plan - 89$ per month, Enterprise plan - 189$ per month
Owletter is another well-known competitor analysis tool that captures, stores, and analyzes email sent from a website. It means, you can monitor your competitors’ emails and discover what strategies are working for them.
- Check whether your competitors have a spam reputation or not
- It shows what schedule your competitors follow for sending emails, and whether they change their schedules
- Look out the most trending topics in your industry
- Find out new link acquiring opportunities
- See what your competitors did in the last year and the year before
- 14 - Day free trial with all plans
- Monthly plans: Starter - 19$ per month, Pro - 39$ per month, Unlimited - 79$ per month
- Annual plans (2 months free): Starter - 190$ per year, Pro - 390$ per year, Unlimited - 790$ per year
BuiltWith technology tracking includes widgets, analytics, frameworks, content management systems, content delivery networks, and many other features. BuiltWith lets you build lists of websites using a specific web technology that may help you in various ways.
- 250+ million websites covered
- Location information - Actual locations of websites
- Traffic ranking - US traffic ranking for 1.5 million websites
- Filtering - Unlimited sub-technology reports
- E-commerce lists - Tracking 2+ million categorized stores
- Monthly plans: Basic - 295$ per month, Pro - 495$ per month, Team - 995$ per month
- Yearly Plans: Basic - 2950$ per year, Pro - 4950$ per year, Team - 9950$ per year
When you want to stay two steps ahead of your competitors, you have to spy on their websites, marketing strategies, process, and success. Learning from your competitors sometimes can be a daunting task. However, with the right competitor analysis tools, it's not a big deal.
Now, it’s your time to go and explore these tools to keep a close eye on your competitors and steal their profitable marketing strategies for your website’s growth and success.