It seems that with the arrival of startups that emerged in Silicon Valley everything is focused on implementing On Demand in the mobile applications. The emerging of Uber is the greatest turning point of the on-demand business. You book a cab at your fingertip and it appears at your doorstep in no time. The future is here, On-demand economy has neared $57 billion annually in 2017.
The Number of smartphone users by 2020 is expected to be 2.84 B worldwide. This opens up the great opportunity for on-demand business to bring the immediate access to products and services by means of advancing technology trends. The magic of uber had done it, On Demand is the future, so mobile app development is going to persist the highest priority implementation in each strategy to reach the top of the booming on-demand economy.
“The on-demand hyper-growth is upon us. In the next 5 to 20 years most of the people will be able to get anything within a 5 to 60-minute window.” -Gary Vaynerchuk
First thing First. What is an On Demand Business?
We can find different definitions and the vast majority is related to technology, to understand a little "is to pay for what we use", "offer our services to make them profitable", in some cases they compare it with "outsourcing".
If we take it to something simple, it is like the use of the basic gas service, depending on our needs based on the amount we consume, it is the same that we pay for it, although it is true that there are companies with technology that have used it. taken to the maximum meaning of On Demand.
It sounds like something very potential but consuming bytes or computational power in the cloud. Of course, this is how AWS (Amazon Web Services) works, one of the cloud service platforms that offers us the power of On Demand computing, "you pay for what you use"
In my experience, there are several businesses who come with a great idea, every single day. But the application of on-demand business is not just limited to only this list, it has much more to offer.
- I want an UBER but for LAUNDRIES!
- I want an UBER but for LOGISTICS!
- I want an UBER but for UBER OPERATORS!
- I want an UBER but for PC REPAIR!
- I want an UBER but for PET CARE!
- I want an UBER but for CLEANING!
- I want an UBER but for CHELAS!
- I want an UBER but for TOW TRUCKS!
- I want an UBER but for MAIDS!
- I want an UBER but for BEAUTICIAN!
Let me explain the main elements of On Demand in a mobile App!
Business-level elements of On Demand in an App
At the business level:
- Service Request - Every service must have a beginning and that is precisely when the client has the need and makes the request through certain criteria defined by the business. We must establish the different types of services.
- Service Quotation - The service must have a price or a price tag that allows us to give a cost based on the application criteria. This amount is regularly expressed in the local economic currency, it can be a euro, dollar, tune or bitcoin. Remember we are talking about innovation too.
- Payment of the Service - We have the approximate or final cost of our requested service and it is time to pay, this through the integration of a payment gateway itself. Once the payment is made, the application must guarantee that the transaction has been safe and successful.
- Execution of the Service - Once the cost has been covered through payment by means of a card or deposit, our service must be underway or must be carried out, sometimes it is paid when going up or down.
- Follow-up of the Service - An added value for any service is to be able to have a means of monitoring its performance or knowing the status it is in, that gives us confidence that they did not give us "cat for hare".
- Service Closing - The most important thing is attention, experience, the opinion of the client, so we need to have a detail of the service performed, as well as a means of rating it.
- Service Billing - Today we know that there is a Big Brother to whom we give an account, this is the System or the Treasury, so it is a requirement to bill any service, detail the taxes generated.
Technology-level elements of On Demand in an App
This sounds too much like macro business processes that make up a beginning and end into what is BPM and an E2E (End to End)?
At the technology level:
- A Super Team! - Well, of course, a great synergy in your mobile application development team. Among them a developer full stack, designer UX, developer mobile, Scrum Master.
- Responsive Website and RSS - The importance of having a presence on the Internet through the use of the main social networks.
- Front-End of Administration - A platform that allows us to perform the main functions of business administration, a high and low example of service providers.
- Back-End - The REST API of the services that will be consumed by our mobile application or even other platforms.
- Core - The heart of our system where most of the components of our architecture are orchestrated.
- Mobile Application Developed in native or hybrid language - In my experience defining the development strategy from the beginning will take you to make the decision if it is implemented in Android, iOS, Ionic, React Native, Ionic, Xamarin, etc.
- A UX/UI Design - Let us remember that customers fall in love with beauty, although we as engineers know that a button with a "father" design is more than that.
- Payments Gateway Integration: The role of payment gateway integration is extremely critical for on demand app, It is very much important to keep the transaction information secure of the user and guard against fraud. Meanwhile, payment gateway should also be User-Friendly as much as possible.
- Integration with the most innovative APIs: Efficiency and consistency is key to every on demand apps. With an integration of perfect API, you can ensure a sleek and blended user experience, and relevant and up-to-date information, for the end user.
- Deployment in Cloud Infrastructure: Application platforms enabled in the cloud (Cloud-enabled-CEAP) are often low on the initial price, easy to maintain, and provide the best possible market reach, allowing companies to offer a rich experience in the application through from Internet.
Conclusion: On Demand app development can be used for any business. For a clear picture, On Demand apps has helped the businesses like Cleaning Services, Pest Control Services, Transportations, Packers & Movers, Wedding & Events, Carpentry Services, Electrical Services, Laundry Services, Health & Fitness, Beauty & Salon, Automotive Services, Plumbing Services.
The on-demand apps and business are going to transform the peoples living. With its enormous demand, The growth of the business will remain in the perfect adoption and smooth transition as per business, with an on-time innovative and creative switching.