Consumers Prefer Email
But wait, you may ask, isn’t email marketing a dying breed? The answer is a resounding NO. In fact, 77% of consumers say they prefer to receive permission-based marketing through email. The world of email marketing is evolving, however, and it is important to keep up!
Tips for a Successful Email Marketing Campaign
- Personalize: Personalized subject lines are 29% more likely to be opened, and yield 41% higher conversion rates. Your email should feel like a one-on-one conversation to increase audience engagement.
- Less is More: Create emails that capture reader attention immediately, are clean and simple to read. Don’t use overwhelming text blocks; use attention grabbing headers, images and white space to break up short paragraphs and/or bulleted lists.
- CTAs: Call-to-action buttons are the heart of every successful email campaign. Place your CTA at the top of the email; studies show this creates up to a 50% increase in clicks.
- Be Responsive: Create an automated welcome email and give your reader content right away. A well-crafted welcome email will engage your audience and decrease unsubscribe rates.
- User-Friendly: Make sure your email is mobile friendly! 67% of consumers check email on smartphones, and 75% of smartphone users say they are highly likely to delete an email they can’t read on their phone.
- Give Back: Offer something to your subscribers before you ask them to sign up for a service or purchase a product; perhaps offer a special promotion for email subscribers, or a whitepaper with cutting edge industry information.
- Know Your Data: Use metrics to stay familiar with how your audience is engaging. For example: what times of day are your subscribers most likely to open your email? What devices are your audience using to view your email? Know your click-to-open and click-through rates. Fine tune your email marketing strategy to maximize audience engagement.
- Be Patient: The success of your email marketing campaign is only as good as your data. Take your time to build your database. Potential subscribers who are already interested in the content on your website, blog or social media platform are more likely to subscribe and will yield higher conversion rates. Utilize these platforms to convert readers to subscribers.
Email campaigns can be very valuable when performed correctly. If you're not quite ready hire a professional, this infographic will help you get started on the right foot.
Ready to Unleash Your Email Marketing Campaign?
Our consultants have over a decade of experience in marketing strategy for small businesses - from email marketing to website design we strategize, execute and manage your integrated campaign!