65% of top performing posts Instagram posts feature products.
~L2 Intelligence Report (2015)
Instagram hit 700 million users in April 2017 (Source: Instagram), and its visual focus makes Instagram a popular platform for building a brand community. Instagram has become a vital part of small business brand management.
Six Tips and Best Practices for Your Brand's Instagram Strategy:
- Best Time to Post: There are several studies on the best time to post on Instagram, however, consumers generally check their social media sites when they wake up, at lunch time, and in the evening after work. You can fine-tune exactly which time works best for your business by analyzing your engagement activity and adjusting accordingly. A 2017 study by Laterconcluded that Wednesdays were the best days to post, followed by Thursday, and that engagement dropped significantly at 9 am and 6 pm.
- Hashtags: As brands increasingly rely on user-generated content, hashtags are becoming more important for your brand. According to a 2015 report by Simply Measured, 70% of the most used hashtags are branded. What does this mean for your business? Create a customized hashtag and use it consistently throughout your social media engagement to encourage and increase user-generated content.
- Emoji Love: Instagram is a visual platform, so it's no surprise its users love to use emojis. 50% of captions and comments on Instagram contain emojis (Source: Engadget). Emojis are so popular Instagram made them searchable on their platform. Don't be shy about using emojis to augment your brand voice!
- Pictures are Worth 1000 Words: Using high-quality images is key on Instagram. Use images for more than showcasing products or services; tell your company's story. Highlight employees, share pictures of your workspace and your daily life. Give consumers the full picture of who you are and what your company stands for.
- User Generated Content: Savvy brands are incorporating user-generated photos and seeing results: consumers have a 4.5% higher chance of conversion when viewing a user-generated photo (Source: L2 Intelligence Report). Encourage brand consistency for user generated content with consistent use of hashtags and monitoring user content routinely.
- Post Frequently: Studies show that daily posting on Instagram increases user engagement significantly. Brands that post 7+ times/week showed a 56% increase in followers (Source: Tailwind).
Ready to uNleash Your Instagram and Social Media Strategy?
We have a decade of experience working with small businesses, and we understand your particular needs when it comes to a marketing strategy that integrates all your marketing efforts. Start with your complimentary consultation today!
Schedule Your FREE Consultation Today!