Therefore, it isn’t surprising to see a wave of 79% of consumers advocating the use of smartphones to shop. According to Nectafy, 88% of consumers who search for local businesses on their respective mobile devices, call or go to them within 24 hours!
On top of that, mobile offers are redeemed 10X more frequently than desktop or print offers. No wonder 72.9% of global eCommerce sales (Source: ttps://www.statista.com/statistics/806336/mobile-retail-commerce-share-worldwide/)will come from mobile by 2021.
It’s clear mobile is a lucrative platform for businesses to sell. But the big question is, is mobile ready to enthrall consumers of the printing industry? Absolutely!
Mobile2Print Solutions Are On The Rise
The most significant advantage of the platform for a printer is that photos are on mobile; it is much easier to upload them on the storefront straight up rather than going via the desktop.
An HP report revealed(Source:http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA7-0326ENW.pdf)83% of organizations indicate an interest in mobile print capabilities, yet only 14% have deployed a mobile print solution.
But Why Such Poor Numbers?
That’s because of two reasons:
However, if your printing business is looking to deploy not only web-to-print software but also mobile-first technology, here are a few things to keep in mind
1) Don’t have any doubt regarding your web-to-print storefront
There’s no doubt you’ll open new avenues for growth if your print capabilities are leveraged on both web and mobile.
But while implementing a web-to-print solution is a necessity to get your printing business going, deploying a mobile-to-print software is usually the second step.
Therefore before you take that step, ask yourself the following questions:
If your answer is a “no” to any of these questions, it’s a sign that you need to rethink your decision to deploy a Mobile2Print software.
However, if it’s a “yes,” you should go ahead and leverage your mobile print capabilities. Customers love the personalization, and if you give them the option to personalize on-the-fly, they are going to keep coming back to you!
2) Do market research and customer survey
Not knowing how your competitors have adopted Mobile2Print is not wise. Study their strategy and identify the loopholes they filled by utilizing the technology.
When you are through with your market research, survey your customers to find out if having a storefront on mobile would compel to buy more from you, and how would the platform benefit them.
Since 86% of the time is spent on a smartphone(Soure: https://hackernoon.com/how-much-time-do-people-spend-on-their-mobil...), we are sure they’d be more than happy to get going on mobile.
3) Pick the right solutions vendor
Mobile is indeed the fastest way of engaging and retaining new clients. However, such affirmations are futile if you don’t choose the right vendor to work with.
Many web-to-print solution providers claim to excel in print capabilities.
However, this may not be the case always. Get a hold of some of their clients, preferably those who have a business like yours and get a good understanding of how the vendor operates, the pluses and minuses of its tech.
There are many solution providers that develop a bespoke mobile-to-print software from individual requirements in terms of technology, branding, budgets, and timeline.
How Having A Mobile2Print Solution Can Help Customers
1) Uploading images from the mobile device to edit gets much easier. A customer can do that anywhere he is. The purchase cycle becomes much faster.
2) A design tool on mobile takes care of all personalization needs. In this age and time, nothing is more attractive than the ability to personalize something. The Mobile2Print technology thrives on that.
3) Social media sharing is possible, and that helps in better community management.
4) You can send push notifications on the mobile app itself to remind the customer of an abandoned cart, a new discount or sale.
5) Give ready-made design templates on a platter to your customers, and they are never going to look for any alternatives.
6) Quick and easy checkout and payment process on a mobile app is like a boon. It makes the customer experience so much better!
Over to you
The printing industry will continue to flourish across platforms in the coming years. Thankfully, there are many reliable printing solution software that enable premium productions and deliver quality prints cost-effectively - on desktop and mobile.
If you want to ramp up your operations and branch out to mobile, it is best to take help of web-to-print technology, and choose the best suited web to print solution providers around.