If you are an ecommerce business owner and using Magento for your ecommerce website, you must have, at some point, grappled with the task of manually integrating all your sales and customer data with your accounting system to prepare your books of accounts. You might also be using QuickBooks as a standalone account software and transferring all your store sales data to it manually.
While there is nothing wrong with having two standalone systems working on their own, you can derive much more out of each system if you integrate them with each other, than you would if worked with them separately.
This is why you need a way to integrate Magento with Quickbooks to get the best out of both the systems.
In this blog we will try to understand the need for integrating both and how to make this integration possible with Biztech’s proprietary integration solution.
Why integrate Magento with QuickBooks?
- You don’t have to make duplicate entries of orders and customers.
- You remove scope for errors in manual migration of data.
- You can easily trace each and every customer’s profitability in real time.
- Positive performance effect is displayed instantly at the bottom line performance.
- You get real time solutions integrated between two systems for Invoices and credit memo.
How to integrate Magento and QuickBooks?
You can easily integrate Magento with SugarCRM using Biztech’s proprietary Magento QuickBooks Integration Solution. Our solution is a Cloud-based SaaS solution where you can integrate data from Magento to QuickBooks and vice versa. We have used the freely available Web Connector to import data in QuickBooks.
Here’s how we have made the integration possible:
- We have developed a PHP based Integration Gateway which runs on our Server. It receives data from Magento and passes it to the QuickBooks system.
- Our Gateway uses central DB to temporarily store data to make sure the data is synced later in case the system is down.
- Our integration covers four modules namely Customers, Products, Invoices, and Credit memos. Other modules can also be setup as per your requirements.
- You can consider the following linkage of modules for your integration:
- If it comes to your requirement, the above modules can be synced two ways also.
- Additionally, Magento provides more features to integrate extra modules with QuickBooks if required by you.
Biztech’s Integration Gateway
Our Integration Gateway also provides a GUI which gives up to date information on what data has synced between both the systems. Following are some of the sections:
The admin can access the dashboard after logging in to the integration gateway. The dashboard shows interactive charts and tabs for ease of access to admin. You can access synced logs and synced issues from the menu bar for better support.
Integrate the complete portfolio of your customer with their specific account details in Magento. The user can view the customer profile with synced details here. All activity in QuickBooks gets directly reflected in Magento, like first name, last name, email, billing address, shipping address, terms, etc. in syncing process.
The product module offers a complete overview of the accounting/sales and inventory details of any product of specific customers. We have used product module of Magento with basic details like item name, manufacturer’s part number, sales price, and on hand quantity etc. in sync process.
It shows a complete picture of sales and invoice details and reflects customer name, open balance, contact details, addresses etc.
Invoice module of Magento has been used for Invoice and Invoice lines. For Invoice Module, we have used basic details like Invoice No. Customer, Customer Message, Ship date, Due date, FOB, P.O Number, Terms, Items, rate, Quantity, Amount, Total VAT etc. in sync process
This module shows a complete picture of credit-memo details. It reflects customer name, contact details, addresses etc.
Credit Memo module of Magento has been used for Credit memo and Credit memo lines. For Credit memo Module, we have used basic details like Credit-memo no, Customer, Customer Message, Date, Items, rate, Qty, Amount etc. in sync process.
Magento-QuickBooks integration streamlines your store management by enabling an automated data exchange between systems and keeping records of your business processes. Apart from synchronizing your inventory, orders, and customer details, the integration also eliminates the probability of manual error with its fully automated feature and reflects price changes continuously which removes the risk of ‘out of stock’ selling. In short, it’s a complete package to keep your accounts and store synced smoothly.
And with Biztech’s Integration Solution all this becomes as easy as configuring a few settings. To know more about this solution, please visit the product page.