LinkedIn has updated its "see who you already know on LinkedIn" feature.
Whereas previously the integration with Outlook and other email programs would result in errors, the updated integration is easy to use, quick, and a great way to find your email contacts on LinkedIn.
How to search your email contacts for LinkedIn members (and non-members) you are not currently connected to:
- Log into your LinkedIn account.
- From the top menu, click on CONTACTS and ADD CONNECTIONS.
- Click the icon of the email account you want to search.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to log into your email account and give LinkedIn access to your contacts. Every email service has a slightly different process.
- LinkedIn uses your credentials to log into your email account and scans the email addresses against it members.
- On the We found XXX people you know on LinkedIn page, check every person you want to invite to join your network and click Add Connections. LinkedIn sends an invitation to these people.
- On the Why not invite some people page tread cautiously(you may choose to skip this step). Select any contacts you feel would benefit from joining LinkedIn and add them to your network. In this instance, I would also recommend you email them personally, letting them know you've invited them to join your LinkedIn network and why you feel they would benefit from being on LinkedIn.
This is a great way to ensure you are connected with contacts in order to place recommendations and endorsements (where appropriate), introduce them to other connections and connect within group discussions...integrating your LinkedIn engagement with as many of your business and personal associates as possible.
Your turn:Have you searched your email accounts to see who is already on LinkedIn? Will you?
Author: Your Virtual Assistant Ltd